Christopher J. Parvin is the Founder and Managing Director of Parvin Law Group. A seasoned veteran with more than 17 years of experience, Chris’s desire is to help you protect what’s most important – your family and your business.
Chris is Board Certified in Estate Planning & Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Today, only approximately 1% of Texas attorneys have earned certification in this field, making him one of the few Estate Planning and Probate experts in the State of Texas.
Chris is not just a transactional lawyer; he is also a seasoned litigator who has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in trial in Probate Court, County Court, State District Court, and Federal District Court. He has successfully tried cases to verdict (including jury trials), obtained summary judgments, and negotiated pre-litigation settlements.
Chris is licensed to practice law in every court in the State of Texas and is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court in Washington, D.C. Chris was named a “Super Lawyer” in Estate Planning and Probate Law in 2019 by Super Lawyers® a designation awarded by Thomson Reuters through an extensive blue-ribbon panel system.
A native of Texas, Chris has also distinguished himself as a local community leader. For 9 years he served as an elected City Councilman in Cedar Hill, Texas, the community where his family has lived since 1867. Chris also served as a Dallas County Truancy Court Magistrate.
Chris and his wife Toni are extensively involved in charitable giving and civic engagement in the Dallas community. Chris sits on numerous boards in and around North Texas, and is a sought-after public speaker, providing informational programs to civic and community groups in Dallas County. Chris, Toni, and their 2 children are active members of The Oaks Church in Red Oak, Texas.
- Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Designated “Super Lawyer,” by Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters service, 2019
- Adjunct Professor, Texas A&M University School of Law
- Life Fellow, Dallas Association of Young Lawyer’s Foundation
- Graduate, Dallas Association of Young Lawyer’s Leadership Class
- Former Member, College of the State Bar of Texas
- Former City Councilman, Cedar Hill, TX, 2009 – 2018
- Former “Rising Star,” by Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters service, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Former Adjunct Professor, Northwood University
- Former Vice Chair, City of Cedar Hill, Texas Main Street Development Board
- Former Co-Chair, Solo and Small Firm Committee, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law
- Master of Laws, Tax Law and Taxation
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law
- Juris Doctorate
- Southwestern Assemblies of God University
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration and Management
- Associates of Arts, Business Administration, Management and Biblical Studies
- Dallas Bar Association
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court