Contracts and Agreements
Dallas, Texas Business Law Attorneys
Clear, written contracts are important in business. Unfortunately, not everyone knows how to properly draft a contract and ambiguities can happen. The attorneys at Parvin Law Group, P.C. are experienced in protecting Texas businesses through clearly and effectively drafting original contracts or revisions to help their clients.
Contract Services Offered by Parvin Law Group, P.C.:
- Drafting or revising contractual documents
- Reviewing, analyzing, and providing our opinion as to contracts
- Negotiation regarding contractual provisions
- Advocacy and litigation regarding client contracts
Common Contract Problems that can Lead to Lawsuits
- Questions whether a party to the contract understood the terms of the agreement;
- Vague or unclear terms or provisions in the contract;
- A lack of mutual obligations or rights (in other words, one party has no obligation to pay or right to get a service or item);
- Inadequate provisions regarding either party’s representation regarding the condition of the goods being sold or specific types of services to be provided (or not provided).
Senior executives, employees with special skills, or employees hired to work on specific projects will typically get an offer of employment for a specific contracted time. These contracts typically have very specific compensation packages that can include renewal options, performance bonuses, stock options, and profit-sharing.
Employment contracts can include agreements that the company will own any and all:
- Work product
- Business strategies
- Trade secrets
- Client lists
- Intellectual property created by the employee
Companies legally enforce this with:
- Non-Disclosure agreements (NDA)
- Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Non-Compete Agreements
It’s critical to carefully examine and consider the effect an employment agreement could have on your options for future employment in your field, and be aware of what recourse you have if the employer doesn’t live up to what is stated in the contract. Getting experienced legal counsel to review your employment agreement before signing is a great way to mitigate risk and avoid headaches or litigation down the road.
Experienced Texas Contract and Agreement Attorneys
Contracts and agreements are necessary tools for accountability under the law. However, they can be abused, and when they are the abusers should be held accountable. Whether you feel you signed an incomplete or misleading contract, or need help reviewing an agreement before you sign seeking the counsel of experienced business law attorneys will ensure the best outcome possible.
Poorly drafted contracts can create major problems for even the biggest companies. If pricing terms and service-level commitments aren’t negotiated with an eye toward the future, or if the risk isn’t apportioned appropriately, unfavorable contract terms can lead to financial strain, over-commitment of resources, and expensive contract litigation. Parvin Law Group regularly represents clients in contract drafting, review and negotiations and has significant experience in a wide range of business and commercial transactions.
Frequently Asked Questions
A contract wherein an employee promises not to enter into competition of any kind with an employer after the employment period concludes. These agreements are designed to prohibit employees from revealing proprietary information or secrets to other parties during or after employment.
A legally binding contract that establishes a confidential relationship. NDAs allow businesses to share sensitive information without fear that it will end up in the hands of competitors.