About Chris Parvin
Chris Parvin is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Primarily, his practice is focused upon helping high net worth individuals and families with estate planning, probate and guardianship matters though he also routinely deals with issues related to business law and taxation. Though Chris is experienced in other fields of law, today, 100% of his work is devoted to helping his clients successfully deal with complex issues in these unique areas.
A native of Texas, Chris has distinguished himself as an attorney and local community leader. After earning his law degree, Chris continued his education and earned a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation from Southern Methodist University’s Dedman School of Law and qualified for membership in the College of the State Bar of Texas (an honorary organization for the most highly trained lawyers in Texas). Thomson Reuters news service has named Chris a “Rising Star” in Estate Planning and Probate Law in 2011, 2012 and 2013 (as was published in Texas Monthly magazine). In addition to Chris’ accomplishments in legal practice, since 2009, he has served the 46,000 citizens of Cedar Hill, Texas as an elected City Councilman where his family has lived since 1867. Citing his love of education and service, Chris has sat on numerous civic and philanthropic boards in and around North Texas as well as served as a part-time Adjunct Professor of Business Law at Northwood University and Dallas County Truancy Court Magistrate.
Unlike many other attorneys who specialize in drafting estate plans for clients, Chris is not just another transactional lawyer. He is also an experienced and seasoned litigator. Chris has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in the successful resolution of cases involving complex estates, trusts and business entities. He has handled numerous matters and is experienced in successfully trying cases to verdict (both courtroom and arbitration) as well as obtaining summary judgments for clients and negotiating pre-litigation settlements with other parties. Chris is licensed to practice law in every court in the State of Texas and is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court in Washington, D.C.
Through his expertise, innovative work and consistent passion, Chris Parvin ensures the wealth and rights of Texas’ families are safeguarded from generation to generation.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Powers of Attorney
- Business Formation and Planning
- Estate and Trust Litigation
- Texas, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
Masters of Law (LL.M) Tax Law – 2006
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas
Juris Doctor – 2003
- Southwestern Assemblies of God University, Waxahachie, Texas
Bachelor of Science Business Management – 1999
- Adjunct Professor, Business Law, Northwood University
Honors and Awards
- “Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters news service (as published in Texas Monthly magazine) in 2011, 2012, and 2013.
- “Best Lawyer”, Southwest Dallas “Best Awards”, The Suburban Newspaper, 2010 – 2011
- Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Life Fellow, Dallas Association of Young Lawyer’s Foundation
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas
- Co-Chair, Solo and Small Firm Committee, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Graduate, Dallas Association of Young Lawyer’s Leadership Class
- Former Vice Chair, City of Cedar Hill, Texas Main Street Development Board
- City Councilman (Place 4), City of Cedar Hill, Texas
- Owner, White Rhino Coffee Company, Cedar Hill, Texas
- Adjunct Professor, Northwood University (Business Law)